University of Nottingham - Highfield House

As sole the sole supplier to the University of Nottingham, bof have completed a large number of projects across the University. One such project being the refurbishment and extension to the grade 2 listed ‘Highfield House’ on University Park. The building comprises various offices for academic and administration staff in ‘Centre for Advanced Studies’ and the ‘Graduate School’.

Highfield House was built in 1797, located at the heart of The University’s campus. Until the early 1990s it was used as the Vice Chancellor’s residence, and subsequently used by a number of other departments.

bof furnished various meeting rooms, seminar rooms, two floors of open plan interactive teaching and learning hubs for postgraduate use. A variety of soft seating ranges were utilised to create comfortable and relaxing environments.

Working with the university bof developed a range of innovative plectrum shaped tables designed to encourage collaborative learning.

Prior to development, Highfield House provided accommodation for the Department of Theology, part of the School of Humanities. Following completion of the new building for the School of Humanities, the Department of Theology relocated and Highfield House became vacant and available for refurbishment.

The extended and refurbished Highfield House now provides accommodation for the Centre for Advanced Studies, Graduate School and Social Sciences and Arts Graduate Centre.

For more information on the product or services provided on this project, please leave your details below and we’ll get in touch soon.